Search This Blog

Sunday, July 01, 2007

UNDERNEATH THE STRAW

I am hiding underneath the straw
I swim across that smell, breaststroke style
I reach the old door, grab the knob
I just don’t know what I’m looking for

A bar reaching down for me
Octopus, dogs, buzzing bees
Alcohol, drugs, breasts and all
I just don’t know what I’m looking for

Tearing the itchy straw apart
Still have some on my head
Need to reach a safe bed, a pillow
I’m hugging you now, my shadow

And I dream

Women sing promises upon vague melodies
Men singing regrets upon the most attractive seas
Women carry the future in the form of a seed
Men holding the feeling of security

A bar reaching down for me
Eaters, violent, curious beings
Alcohol, drugs, men and women
Let me hide underneath the straw
Sleep on that smell, apnoea style
I lie behind the door, destroying the knob


I just don’t know what I’m looking for.

1 comment:

andrea said...

hoje fizeste-me tanto sentido...
*